Sunday, October 4, 2009

Free alpha and masks

Well I finally got the two things I really wanted to add on to my Ghost Train Freebie done. There's an alpha and two photo masks. My original part of the train is two posts down.

The upper case all have a Halloween graphic on them and then there's a matching plain lower case for you to mix and match as your imagination dictates!

I love making photo masks and these were fun because my favorites are always grungy and Halloween seemed like the perfect fit for lots of grunge and fun stuff. I've shown you examples of them with photos clipped to them - my grandsons with great face painting one done at Disney World and the other done at a down town street fair - can you tell which is which??? If I didn't know I sure wouldn't be able to tell - the lady we had down town was awesome!

I've been experimenting with shadows lately and I really wanted to do something fun and funky with this alpha - I have a program which puts shadows on a separate layer, so it allows me to do a lot. I didn't do it because I was taught not to leave external shadows on elements, but I wanted to ask you - do you really hate it when designers create elements with shadows?

Download add on HERE keep going down to get my full part of the train.

add-on-preview

5 comments:

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 04 Oct [LA 06:13pm, NY 08:13pm] - 05 Oct [UK 01:13am, OZ 11:13am] ).

CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 2 post on Oct. 05, 2009. Thanks again.

Ed Mascari said...

Alpha - bet Halloween style, ah yes, another creative contribution from the Millstream!
Ed

Amberpony Creates said...

Wow that is Quite the Alpha...
If I did Halloween I would have to grab It ;)

deltalady6 said...

Great alpha, thank you!