Tuesday, December 9, 2008

6 Sailors will receive gift packages

Well I finally got my scanner to cooperate so I could share with you what I was able to buy with proceeds from the Navy Kits. I should get another statement soon so I'll probably be sending another one, but they probably won't get it in time for the holidays.
I'll share with you what the items were for two reasons, in case you ever want to send one out on your own and also because I want everyone to know that these are things these guys need out there that are not being provided for them - okay, don't get me started LOL! All of these items were on a list I received from the ship. They put together packages they call "shoe boxes",  so I got enough to make up 6 good size boxes with some of everything they had on their list except the TP (called battle paper).
The only things I got them that weren't every day necessity items were a tin of popcorn and a couple of Pepperoni sticks, hopefully to be enjoyed at a holiday celebration.

Cotton swabs, Gold Bond Powder, Shampoo, snack crackers, Ricola cough drops, Cup O Noodles, bars of soap, baby wipes, toothpaste, toothbrushes, floss and deodorant.

So thanks so much to everyone who bought the kit - they will appreciate it and it will brighten their day to know someone from home is thinking of them!

slip-folder

2 comments:

Amberpony Creates said...

That is Great that they will be getting something they really want!
Thanks for the Update

twinsmom1 said...

Brenda---this is wonderful that you took the proceeds from this kit to purchase some things for our service members. Having been in the army for 9 years, this really means a lot to me. Even though I never was deployed anywhere, it is very good of you to think about our service members serving away from home. May God bless you this Christmas.

Melanie